The Planning Division is responsible for reviewing project proposals for compliance with the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Coastal Program. Current planning projects range from residential remodels to new commercial developments. Staff serves the Planning Commission by providing reports and detailed analysis for projects subject to discretionary review. Long range community planning projects are also provided by the Planning staff in the form of comprehensive studies, regional planning, municipal code and General Plan amendments.
The pages listed below provide useful Planning Division information:
- Current Projects and Programs - Pending and recent planning projects approved or under review
- Development Regulations - Zoning, Coastal, Guideline, and Municipal code links
- General Plan - Description and links to the Manhattan Beach General Plan
- Planning Commission - Commissioners, Meeting agendas and minutes, Video archives
- Planning Handouts - Application forms and informational handouts
- Related Links - Links to other planning and development resources, including Census info