Southern California Gas Company - Construction Alert
Starts March 6, 2017
Southern California Gas Company will be working on their natural gas pipeline system in Manhattan Beach, El Segundo and Hawthorne. The work involves installing a new pipeline as part of a project to enhance safety and reliability for our customers in the area.
Below is important information regarding the work:
• Trucks and heavy equipment in the area
• Work-related noise and excavation dust
• Lane closures and limited parking during the work hours noted above
• Motorists are asked to follow all traffic signs and markers for their safety and the safety of others
The areas of work within the City will be:
• Rosecrans Avenue from Alma Avenue to Aviation Boulevard
• Highland Avenue from Rosecrans Avenue to 45th Street
• Aviation Boulevard from Rosecrans Avenue to 33rd Street
At times, when final connections are being made to the system, the odor of natural gas may be detected as it is vented from pipelines using safe and common techniques. Although this is normal when crews are working, anyone who has concerns about the smell of gas should not hesitate to call from a safe location at 1-800-427-2200, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Manager, SoCalGas
Project Information Line: 844-765-9385